Apply for Chase PerfectCard Now
- Earn a 6% rebate on all gas purchases for first 90 days your account is open
- Earn a 3% rebate on all gas purchases after the introductory period
- Earn a 1% rebate on all purchases everywhere MasterCard® or Visa® is accepted
- All the rebates you earn are automatically credited toward future purchases
- 0% Introductory APR* on balance transfers and Generous credit line
- Automatic Travel Accident Insurance and Purchase Protection
The Chase PerfectCard Platinum Visa®/MasterCard® is designed for those with very good credit who frequently make gas purchases.
Through the rebate program, a 1% rebate is earned on all general purchases. However, unlike other gas credit cards that require a cardholder to use their card at specific gas stations, this card allows cardholders to earn a 3% gas rebate on gasoline purchased at any gas station. In addition, during the first 90 days, a 6% rebate is applied to all gasoline purchases made with the card. There is no yearly limit on rebates that can be earned and any unused rebates that have been credited to the account will expire in six months.
Aside from the reward program, the card provides several platinum benefits such as a purchase protection plan, up to $1,000,000 in travel accident insurance, and auto rental insurance.
For a reward card, the interest rate applied to purchases and balance transfers is reasonable (for those who qualify). There is also a 0% introductory rate that applies to balance transfers for the first nine months. Although there is a $19 annual fee, the fee is waived as long as at least nine purchases are made with the card per year.
It is important to note that there is a minimum cap of 19.99% for cash advances, so no matter how low the Prime Rate falls (the APR is tied to the Prime Rate), the interest rate will not go below the minimum cap.
Therefore, those who plan to pay in full after the introductory rate expires (to avoid finance charges) and will use the card frequently for gasoline purchases (to earn rebates), will benefit most from what the Chase PerfectCard Platinum Visa®/MasterCard® has to offer.